OUR COVID-19 RESPONSE
Here at Magenta, we place a high value on the health, safety and wellness of our participants, staff and the wider community. Our team is committed to providing safe and continued support where practically possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are continuing to monitor the developing situation and will make regular updates to this page.
*Updated 8 January 2021*
Important Information for Participants, Families and Guardians about COVID-19
Magenta is here for you. Our team is complying with the latest Government and health directives and identifying innovative ways we can continue to work together and support you to meet your needs and goals. With safety front of mind, our team continues to provide:
- support services
- safe delivery our critical community care
- plan management and support coordination
To maintain a high level of health and safety, precautions are in place. Please chat with your Team Leader for up-to-date information.
New support enquiries are welcome. If you would like to access support through Magenta, please contact your nearest Magenta office.
Our staff will continue to be in touch with you about any relevant changes to our service delivery and procedures. If your contact information changes, please notify us as soon as possible.
Keeping everyone safe during these challenging times means we need to do some things differently. While we continue to deliver support services, aspects of how we work with you have changed. This includes the following:
- Increasing sanitation measures.
- Cancelling all non-essential travel, including non-medical STAs.
- Restricting community access activities where required in line with Government directives and avoiding locations where social distancing cannot be maintained.
- All visitors to our supported independent living homes must wear a mask and complete the visitor register.
Our team is offering extended services to ensure you can stay at home and practice social distancing – without losing touch with people you care about or missing out on moving towards your goals. Here are some of the innovative ways you can access our services:
- Online Support Groups
- Online skill development
- Online Social Groups and Information Sessions
- Online social interaction
- Transport to essential appointments and grocery shopping
- Full home cleaning and sanitising
- Grocery shopping and delivery to your front door
- Nutritious meal planning with the goal of boosting your immunity
- Activity stay home fun packs delivered to your door
- Individualised social supports
- Support connection for all participants
To find out more about how our services can work for you or the processes we have put in place, please contact us.
Our staff are following strict health protocols in accordance with Government and health directives. Where staff are unwell, required to be in quarantine or are unable to attend for any reason, they will not be at work. If a staff member who supports you is unable to attend, another team member will be in contact with you as soon as practically possible.
Hygiene and Social Distancing
We encourage all participants, carers and guardians to continue to follow strict, personal hygiene practices, including:
- Cleaning your hands throughout the day with soap and water, and alcohol-based hand rubs.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue or flexed elbow when sneezing or coughing.
- Stay at home where practically possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus affecting humans. Some coronaviruses can cause illness similar to the common cold and others can cause more serious diseases such as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS). Symptoms reported in identified cases of COVID-19 include fever, a cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath. For more information about COVID-19, visit the Queensland Health website.
Where can I find up-to-date information about COVID-19?
WhatsApp | Download and use the WhatsApp to find out the latest information from the Australian Government, including symptoms, advice on social distancing and quarantine, and relevant rules for your home state or territory. Visit your App Store (Google Play or Apple) and type in, WhatsApp, to download and then message +61 400 253 787.
Coronavirus App | The Australian Government has a Coronavirus Australia app which provides up-to-date information about the virus and push notifications. Visit your App Store (Google Play or Apple) and type in, Coronavirus Australia, to download.
For more information about both apps, download the official flyer.
Do you have a question
ABOUT OUR services?
Get in touch with your local Magenta team for answers to any questions related to our services and COVID-19.
Get in touch with our team
Central QLD: (07) 4899 0261
Northern Rivers: (02) 6621 2319
New England: 0429 455 532
Southern QLD: (07) 4633 4967
P: 0447 299 078
P: 0427 065 840